Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Last Week

As this class is coming to an end, I think back about what I have learned. First doing a creative portfolio, although it is fun, you tend to actually put blood, sweat, and tears into the project. I loved creating it, putting my ideas together, however I am glad it is over. We as designers will never feel like our work for ourselves is good enough. Or at least that is how I feel. I  feel like it is harder to come up with a great idea for myself, because I have so many of them. Next thing I learned was that you need to cut distractions from your work life, otherwise you will never get anything done. Lastly, I learned that when it looks like a lot of work, I need to just brake it down into pieces and then it doesn't seem so bad. 

This class definitely put me to the test, with two new projects to get complete, two resumes, three portfolios, and online work as well. Needless to say I  worked my butt off, and I am proud to say that I got most, if not all, of it done. I came up with ideas that I believe are amazing, however putting them together took more time than I thought. I learned to work with power tools, which my fiancĂ© thinks is very dangerous. Lucky for me he was right there making sure I didn't cut a finger off, or screw my hand to the board.

Well I need to get back to work, so until next time.

xoxo
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment