Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Interviews

This week has been different, I guess mainly because I had to interview two designers, which can be scary. Then I had one interview where I was the interviewee and it was a design interview. First off, interviewing people isn't as hard as I thought it would be, I like being the one asking the questions. It also allowed me to learn a few things from designers. Like I learned about portfolios, not what I thought I was going to learn but what they thought about them, and what should be in them. With interviewing them I learned that people don't always get to their dream job right off the bat but they work towards it. It is amazing what these guys do in their every day lives and like everyone else they had to go out there and meet people to get where they are now. However the scary part in this was actually emailing them to ask if it they would mind me interviewing them, and waiting for them to answer. While in the back of your mind your thinking, did I explain who I am good? What the interview is for? How I even got there information? It is scary but lucky for me the designers were really nice and really helpful.

Now for the worse part of the week, being the interviewee. I have only been on one interview before and that is it. I wasn't sure what to say or do even. So I talked about my work, what I love I do, and the passion for what I do. Lucky for me, it seemed to come across to the interviewer, that I was passionate design. I guess I will just have to wait and here how I did later. Anyways I have to get back to work.

xoxo
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment